In this project , the ideal of bionics is the application of biological methods and systems found in nature to the study and design of engineering systems and modern technology.
In my group ,we choose clothes storage as our target.
The ideal of my design comes from a plant call spiranthes sinensis. It is a plant come from Asia . Spiranthes sinensis, commonly known as the Chinese Spiranthes, is a species of orchid occurring in much of eastern Asia, west to the Himalayas, south and east to New Zealand, and north to Siberia. The special of this plant is the flower of this plant are spin follow the shape of scape. The shape make me think about if I can make a clothes rack is moveable 360 degree that could be good idea. As my research customer like to hang their clothes on cloths rack as much as possible specially female, 360 degree spin can help the arms of clothes rack more efficiency.
I choose to make an 1:3 to make the model because the full size is about 176cm high. I use wood as body part material, on the other hand the arm of clothes rack make by blue form .The shape of arms copy the shape of flower, the way the flower spin is the way the clothes rack working. The nature look on this clothes rack make it more organic, and the clolour I choose is whithe and wood color.
The other design of this clothes rack use the idea of clamp, the sawtooth on the side of clamp can help stop the arm any position ,the same things put into the clothes rack can help user more easier to set the position for their clothes.
The other design of this clothes rack use the idea of clamp, the sawtooth on the side of clamp can help stop the arm any position ,the same things put into the clothes rack can help user more easier to set the position for their clothes.
.tmp.jpg)
The product has very lovely organic form. Maybe I am commenting before you have everything posted, but I would love to see images of the inspiration side by side, which I am about to go look up on Google images. I am interested in knowing more about the design inspiration. Images with the clothes on the rack and user interaction would also be helpful in understanding the design.
回覆刪除Your product looks very neat. We can rotate and hang clothes in 360 degrees. I think you could make your product higher and more racks.
回覆刪除i like your form of the design, it's really nice to use the wood in your body part of the clothes rack, and white colour fits the wood well. Also i like the way of those arms designed. I think you really follow the shape of the plant. But as Julie said it's really important to show the inspiration came from. Because from all the informations you gave here, it doesn't provide strong evidence.
回覆刪除This is a really interesting product. The form is really cool and would look really interesting in any household. Only problems is its limits for storing clothes. This design could be adapted however onto a larger scale with the ability to store more clothes. Great job!
回覆刪除well done, the model is well built. For improvement i would suggest to reduce the area of the support (the bottom part, the one thats from wood). I understand you need that for support so it can stand, but it would be nice if you can use the whole structure to hold something. maybe you can change it from standing to hanging on the wall (nailed on the wall) so you can hang on all the part and thus your rack can hold more objects.
回覆刪除