2013/10/21
project 2 final presentation
The big idea
My project is about replacement of home oxygen therapy. At the beginning of this project I do the research about the patient who need oxygen therapy ,then I found the majority customer are elderly. Then I move the research direction to the experience when elderly having this services and problem they have. Then I found because of elderly health situation they have bad memorize ability and bad mobility, this cause problem when they using exiting oxygen therapy product .then I moving to design the oxygen container for them to change the situation ,the main problem is there are many elderly living alone, if they have bad memory no one can remind them the oxygen is used up. On the other hand there are 7%of elderly have problem with use phone. Thus I design there is a device in side the machine can report the message to supply center to ask for new oxygen cylinder ,and supply center will
Call back to ask the delivery time and detail information. The 4wheel on bottom was design to help elderly move the oxygen container at home. The size M9 I choose because of it is a portable size in case if user need to take it to outdoor.
訂閱:
張貼留言 (Atom)
I think your idea is really useful for elderly, and the product is suitable for elderly in many aspects, e.g. easy to move around, clear instruction. I like your idea of 4 bottle of oxygen cylinder. But just wondering where is the charging place? Not much details about the product, maybe should push more forward.
回覆刪除I like your design! The shape looks very interesting. I like you interaction board which it's very clear to show how do elderly use your product. But i have the question how do they recharge the product and how to return it? since it's movable how to make it stable on the wheelchair? You can consider these into your design. Overall, you have done great work.
回覆刪除it is an useful design for patients at home. easy carrying design is helpful for them to use anywhere. more detail could be developed like how to replace the oxygen containers. it also should be easily replaced by old patients.
回覆刪除Wow, this design is very unique and special. The product is easy for moving and 100% fits the customers' need. However, i think your poster did not cover all the information such as how to use the oxygen bottle, how it can be replaced. Overall, i think you did a great job.
回覆刪除I really like this idea, though I think I can see it working more in an environment with carer or family assistance rather than elderly people living alone. My reason for this is below:
回覆刪除I'm worried about the weight of it overall, or a difficulty in moving it, especially for elderly people who might be weaker. The wheels are a great bonus for portability, since they make sure it's much easier to move around, but given that oxygen tanks are generally quite heavy (even with M9 cylinders, which are about 4.5 pounds or 2kg each), altogether, not including your case weight, it'd be at least 8kg. Maybe that'd be a bit heavy to push or pull for someone who is a bit frail, even with wheels. The other thing would be the replacement of the oxygen tanks and how to use them from the elderly person's perspective (they might have some difficulty with remembering or plugging in?)
Otherwise, I really like this idea, and I think the multiple storage is a great way to ensure that there's a ready supply easily at hand and remind the user. The method of alerting the supply centre is also something I quite like, since it makes it much for efficient without the elderly user needing to constantly remember to make a call - with the machine self-monitoring levels and alerting the centre when it gets low, there is no danger of an accident happening where an oxygen might urgently be required without one being readily available.